Wednesday, April 27, 2011

5th letter: Soul Surfer

Dear God,
          Thank you for Bethany Hamilton. She is such an insperation and shows that no matter what happens we can overcome it with help from you. Her faith and how she shows it is also a great example for us to evangalize (show our faith). I didn't actually know much about her before her movie Soul Surfer. I had heard about her but beyond her being a surfer that had gotten her arm bitten off I didn't know much more.
         The movie Soul Surfer is an  amazing movie. To start with they cast AnnaSophia Robb, who is one of my favorite actresses, as Bethany Hamilton. Then they didn't block out all of the faith related thingd like church and prayer which Holleywood is apt to do. Then the shark attack was very well done and you could fell all the emotions running high, also the way they showed her crisis of faith was, at least in my opinion, incredible. And I loved the the ending but I won't spoil it.
          Then after reading her autobiography also named Soul Sufer I could see how humble she really is. Her whole goal after the attck was to surf again and she cites God as the one who kept her togeather through it all. She is such a tough person and she won't give up on something she loves which is surfing. Also the way she describes Hawaii and the strong sense of aloha there really makes me want to visit. Last of all I want to try surfing her love of it and the way she
describes God giving her the strength to go back in the water have
stuck that idea in my head.

                                                        Aloha,
                                                            Amelia

1 comment: